Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Estoy en Guatemala

I arrived Sunday evening, safely and with no drama. That, of course, does not make for a fascinating post. Neither does spending four hours yesterday afternoon reviewing irregular verbs. Ack!

For those of you who have been asking whether Antigua has changed much since you were here--or at least since I was here 4 years ago--the answer is no. Strangely, after 500 or so years, the buildings look more or less the same.

As I walked around this morning re-orienting myself, I made a mental note to make a right-hand turn at the yellow church in order to find a particular street. Then I almost laughed aloud, as I recalled that there must be  more than a dozen yellow colonial churches here, more or less at every other street corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment